Position Title: Activity Aide
Summary: Assist Life Enrichment Coordinator with resident activities to provide life-enriching events for residents and staff.
Supervisor: Community Development Coordinator (CDC)
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assist CDC with planning and implementing activities in the following categories: physical (exercise), social, recreational, intellectual/educational, creative, entertainment, religious, service/volunteering and special requests of the residents
- Facilitate socialization among residents.
- Invite and remind residents to participate in planned activities.
- Promote activities in a way that piques residents’ interest.
- Conduct activities outside the facility.
- Conduct/lead group activities.
- Plan & organize ongoing & new activities.
- Assist CDC with the implementation and decoration of the facility for special events, seasons and holidays.
- Transport residents for 1:1 activity, outings, regularly scheduled group trips and doctors appointments.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor to ensure smooth operation of the program and to meet residents’ needs.
- Chart all 1:1 activities and group logs & ensure they get turned into the CDC in a timely manner.
- Provide appropriate beverage & food options at meal times, snacks & on outings.
- Distribute cigarettes appropriately and on time.
- Adhere to and carry out all policies and procedures.
- Report any on-the-job injuries to the supervisor before the end of the work shift on the day the injury occurs.
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with coworkers, residents, families and visitors.
- Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, facility operations and personnel.
- Promote Abundant Life Manor in a positive way.
- Promote teamwork in providing services to residents.
- Fire and safety procedures
- Heated/Air-conditioned, well-lit facility with minimal barriers.
- Some weekend, evening & holiday work as assigned.
- Experience in activity planning with older adults preferred.
- Experience and interest in working with older adults.
- Experience in volunteering.
- Evidence of creativity.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Mature, pleasant, friendly and cheerful personality.
- Proof of car insurance. It is recommended that you carry at least $300,000.00 worth of liability insurance.
- Residents always come first, and their needs will be met unless there is a conflict with the needs of others or the organization as a whole.
- Employees will not work under the influence of mood-altering or illegal drugs or alcohol.
- Neat appearance, adherence to the dress code and good personal hygiene are expected.
- A 3 week notice of intent to terminate employment is recommended for this position.