POSITION TITLE: Resident Assistant
SUMMARY: Provide service, assistance and support to the residents. Coordinate and schedule work and supervise delivery of care service. Order housekeeping supplies. Administer routine medications to residents in accordance with state regulations.
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow the service plan in providing services to residents.
- Assist in the development and updating of assistance plans.
- Ensure that service plans are completed and updated in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and adjust housekeeping and laundry schedules as needed. Assign resident-services tasks.
- Do personal laundry for residents if so requested on the service plan.
- Strip and make residents’ beds weekly; launder residents’ linen and towels, fold and return them to resident.
- Give residents prescribed medication or remind them to take medication.
- Assist in preparing meals, serving meals and bussing tables during mealtimes.
- Clean residents’ apartments on assigned days and as outlined in the service plan
- Encourage socialization among residents
- Assist with the activity program; conduct activities as directed by the Activity Coordinator or assigned by supervisor.
- Encourage and/or remind residents to participate in activities. Promote activities enthusiastically to pique residents’ interest.
- Chaperone activities outside the facility when requested.
- Monitor health, safety and well-being of residents.
- Document information pertaining to changes in residents’ functional status, personal needs, appointments, etc.
- Assist in keeping the environment safe for residents.
- Provide one-on-one support/visitation to assigned residents on a weekly basis or as requested by supervisor or as specified in the service plan or daily communication log.
- Report concerns about residents to supervisor and coworkers.
- Respond to resident emergencies; provide first-aid assistance and arrange for appropriate medical attention/follow-up.
- Identify and order supplies needed within annual budget. (Prior approval from supervisor is needed for purchases that are in excess of the budget).
- Maintain an accurate record of chargeable services (cleaning, personal laundry, guest meals, guest room use, etc.). Submit record to supervisor by the designated date each month.
- Assist in the development of staff work schedules.
- Consults with RN on residents health care issues.
- Practice safety in working around and with equipment, chemicals, tools and utensils.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Adhere to and carry out all policies and procedures.
- Report on-the-job injuries to the supervisor before the end of the work shift on the day the injury occurs
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with coworkers, residents, families and visitors.Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, facility operations and personnel.
- Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, facility operations and personnel.